Monday, March 2, 2009

Research Methods (and other topics of general awesomeness)

After more consideration of my topic and it's presentation. I believe that my video would benifit from a couple of hours filming in second life, WoW, or some other gaming environment to exhibit how code can change cyberspace. HTML coding for the Internet and a short piece perhaps on the code in Chinese cyberspace would be worthwhile.
Discussing code while mixing in code from law and meatspace will be really cool, particularly if I could green screen in characters and motions into my videos.
As far as the IRB and I are concerned, I think that my interviews (if done) will be easy to record with consent, and my talking heads (if used) will be easy enough to get consent for using their content.
The only issue with discourse analysis would be if i did a piece on Chinese Coded Internet. I would want to interview some students possibly who agree and disagree with the government's decision to censor. This move would require censuring or hiding the identities of the people I interviewed. Though I'm not sure if that would affect the validity of my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment